Friday, March 4, 2016

Week 7- REVISED Library Visit

What did you think of when you thought of the public library? 
When I thought about the public library, I did not originally think of the technology pieces playing such a big role. 

A place to check out books? A good set of children’s books? Did you think DVDs, music and audiobook CDs, downloadable books, literacy classes (English and technology)? 
As I stood in the library, I did see the opportunity for computers and printing to be done. Everything else has to be used inside the library and checked out with a valid card. There was a place to check out books but you have to do it only when it is open. On the Sunday that I went, the library was closed for patrons to check out. I did not get the opportunity to check out anything. Speaking with the library attendant, they had a very small library, roughly 7,000 collections available which includes books on CD, children's literature and physical books. The library has 12 employees with one person at the counter to check out materials to patrons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment