Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Week 12- Text Set






I chose to create a text set about dance. The books range from fiction to nonfiction. Many of the books selected have African-American dancers since I tried to relate this to my classroom as much as possible. Books with characters of color are always a hit within my classroom. I could not narrow my standards down to just one because I felt like the stories had similar events and characters but different problems. The best standard I could come up with was RL.3.9 With prompting and support, compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in familiar stories. 
Dance / Holly Karapetkova, Ph.D
  • Dance by Holly Karapetkova 


Dancing in the Wings
Dancing in the Wings by Debbie Allen










Image result for i got the rhythm













I Got the Rhythm by Connie Schofield- Morrison







Dancing Star / Gladys Malvern
Dancing Star: The Story of Anna Pavlova by Gladys Malvera

Star Ballerina by Times for Kids












Misty Copeland / Richard Corman
Misty Copeland: Power and Grace by Richard Corman
Of course these books specifically come from where I have access: Time for Kids, Hoopla and Amazon. Everyone may not have access to these resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment