Since using my Jacksonville Public Library account to use the app, Hoopla, I have downloaded and read 2 books! I must say that I am proud of myself because although I love to read, I also love the feeling of turning the pages and putting my bookmark in to keep my page. The book took up space so it was a constant reminder that I had to read it or the sticker on the back of the book told me when it was time to return it. Hoopla has allowed me to read books on the go! I downloaded the app to my iPhone and iPad. That helped me be able to pick the book up wherever I am. Did I mention free?! Hoopla did not cost me a dime and I read books that are available in my public library. I did buy a book that was not available on iTunes but that was okay because I have been dying to read it.
The program I used was Hoopla. On this site you can read books, watch television shows, listen to albums, and read comics! It practically covers all likings. As previously mentioned, the availability of what you may want to read may not be there but the genres are present. The last book I read was To Kill a Mockingbird written by the late Harper Lee. I read it in high school (many many many years ago) but I recall it being amazing. I was not disappointed this time around either. A young girl is growing up in a time where she has to adapt to her surroundings and deal with the struggle of living in those times. She befriends an individual that she knows no one would approve of. Her father, who is an attorney, deals with a trial that hits very close to home.
Ebooks are beneficial. I truly enjoy them. I think the classroom and education could benefit from ebooks but I know the problem will arise when discussing financials and how would tablets be funded within the school. A different approach to this could be textbook companies making the texts that accompany the curriculums be made available. Even if teachers have to register their classes, an app, compatible with Apple and Androids, could be a simple solution. Kids need books in their hands even if they are not truly flipping the paper pages!

No comments:
Post a Comment