Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 8- Audiobook reflection

Using the application, Hoopla, I listened to a story over the course of two weeks. The books and movies rented from the site only allow you to read/listen for two weeks, assuming this is the maximum time agreed upon with the public library. Since I suffer from a disorder that affects my attention, listening to a story at my own convenience was quite cool. The voice over the reading was a man who had a really big voice which kept my attention for at least 10 minutes each time. I enjoyed being able to play the book regardless of where I am. All I needed was my cell phone or tablet. The book was always present. I did miss turning the pages of an actual book! Not having that feature just did not make the reading feel real. The attachment to the characters and events still occurred. I had heart wrenching moments and even teared up once while listening. My audiobook was to be returned around February 14 and I finished the book. I am looking forward to listening to other titles in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. actually, you can recheck out the book if you are still listening.

    ReplyDelete