Due to an unfortunate event occurring in my family, I was forced to take my field trip to the library to Desoto, Texas which is a suburb of Dallas/Fort Worth area. At the Desoto Public Library, there is about 16 computers in a computer lab that is open to the public. When the library is closed, the lab is open later hours. The library holds books, movies and audio materials. The library was closed on the day that I went but there was a library lab attendant who could answer questions that I had about what was in the actual library. The library did not have a selection for special needs such as ESOL and deaf/ hard of hearing. The surrounding counties have resources for those with needs and citizens are able to be transported to receive services.
The attendants in the computer lab were somewhat middle aged people. I seen multiple study groups and tutoring occurring. The races were mixed. As far as events scheduled for the library, they had events for toddlers and teenagers. There were guest speakers scheduled to talk on topics such as love and money. There were advertisements for Spring and Summer break. There were no rooms open for community use because the county has special rooms in an alternate facility.
No comments:
Post a Comment